The Middleton St George Memorial Association is a community organisation which aims to keep alive the memory of all those who served at RAF Middleton St George and maintain the memorial garden outside the St George Hotel, which was previously the officer's mess.
Inside the hotel we maintain the Memorial Room, which displays photos and memorabilia. Opened in October 2016, the room is open to visitors every day, please ask at the hotel reception if you would like to take a look.
We hold an annual Rememberance Day service on the 11th of November and a weekend of rememberance each June, anyone with an interest in the aifield or those who served here are welcome to join us.
The opening of the Memorial Room
The 2017 Memorial Service will take place at the St George Hotel at 10.30am on 11th November 2017 all are welcome, please arrive in good time. If you would like to lay a wreath please let us know in advance. Our memorial garden has recently been refurbished to remember those whose ashes lie in this place. If family members of those who served would like to have ashes placed in the garden, please get in touch so arrangements can be made.We are currently compiling a memorial book, if you know of anyone whose ashes have been placed in the garden, please could you let us know as we would like to include as many names as possible.
The annual reunion will take place on the weekend of the 9th, 10th & 11th of June 2017 at the St George Hotel, Durham Tees Valley Airport. This event is open to all who wish to attend:
- Memorial service, 10.30am on Saturday, please arrive in good time.
- Three Course Dinner and Entertainment on Saturday evening, must be booked in advance.
- Special offer on accommodation at the St George for those attending. Please book with the St George Hotel
- Raffle to support the Memorial Association, any donation of prizes would be most welcome.
- Come along for the whole weekend or just part of the celebrations.
Website © Copyright MMXVI
- All Rights Reserved
Website by Middleton House